Sr. Estimator – Commercial Landscape Company
Has an immediate opening for a qualified Senior Estimator!
A Senior Estimator is a critical position within the company. They are in charge of procuring an entire project by managing a bid team, developing the bid strategy, maintaining vendor / sub-contractor relationships, and training other employees in the Estimating Department.
The Senior Estimator is completely familiar with the company production history and has a complete understanding of how to win work.
- Salary: $85k – $95k To Start (Significant advancement opportunity)
- Comprehensive Benefits Package; 401k, Full Dental, Medical, Sicktime, PTO
- Company Vehicle
- Relocation Services for Qualified Candidates.
- Create and estimate complete project bid packages.
- Manages and evaluates the bid schedule.
- Manages estimating department in the Chief Estimators absence.
- Attends pre-bid and pre-job meetings with clients, sales and other departments.
- Creates procedures, forms and documents for estimating department.
- Participates in presentations as requested by Senior Management.
- Supports the estimating process by building construction detail.
- Interprets plans and specifications
- Verifies that metrics are accurate (e.g., Schedulers, Input,Takeoff) on proper estimating procedures
- Assists business development staff
- Demonstrates proficiency in related functional areas; Planting, irrigation, drainage, maintenance, erosion control, grading, earthwork, site work
Competencies / Skills
- Demonstrates proficiency across an array of computer applications (e.g., MS Office especially Outlook, Word, and Excel, On-screen takeoff software, ZetaFax, Bid Schedule, American Contractor, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
- Reads and understands drawings (e.g., legend, notes, details, index), specifications (e.g., special provisions, standard specifications), scope of work, bid form, general conditions and requirements, and procedures for obtaining missing information
- Knowledge Areas: principles, methods, and procedures associated with construction, landscape, and/or hardscape estimating, systems, market conditions, and trade practices; take-offs; blueprints, bid process and schedule, scope of work, and specification drawings; risk factors and bid thresholds; training; unit costs of requisite project materials; subcontractors and suppliers;
- Results Oriente
- Strong Organizational and Planning skills
- Interpersonal Skills – Collaborative , communicates well with others – Leads by example
Qualifications, Education , Experience
- Windows Operating System, and the Microsoft Office suite; time management; mathematical operations (e.g., formulas, unit conversions, production rates, algebra, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions); and company customer service objectives, norms, and strategies
- Associate of Arts degree and at least three (3) years of commercial construction, landscaping, and/or hardscape estimating experience.
Email resume to LCS: Response within 2 business days
Apply Online Now!
If you qualify email us your resume. You will receive a reply within 2 business days!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com